- Evernote (free) - Organizational software that includes OCR services. I never use this anymore.
- Facebook (free) - I rarely use this app, but it's there for when I want it.
- foursquare (free) - Location-based check-in app with unlockable badges.
- Loopt (free) - I use this to Tweet my location with an image (example).
- Mint.com (free) - After signing up online, this budgeting app keeps you up-to-date with customizable push notifications.
- Photoshop.com (free) - Rudimentary adjustments. Installed on a whim; will uninstall soon.
- Spell Number (free) - Enables Emoji characters (instructions).
- Sport Lite (free) - I think it tells me my GPS location? I've never used this; but hear it's crucial for geo-caching.
- Sportacular (free) - Game updates with customizable push notifications.
- TweetDeck (free) - Twitter app.
- What's On? (free) - TV Listings and movie times listing service powered by Zap2it - What to Watch. Where to Watch It.
- Crosswords ($9.99) - Crosswords. I got this for my fiancee, who never plays it.
- FotoTimer ($1.99) - Timer for the camera. The "preview before saving" feature broke in the new version, though. WTF?
- Geo-Defense ($1.99) - Tower defense game.
- Geo-Defense Swarm ($0.99) - Tower defense game.
- geocaching ($9.99) - Geo-Caching. I never use this anymore.
- Mobile Fotos ($2.99) - Upload full-resolution iPhone camera photos to Flickr. I rarely use this anymore.
- Remember the Milk ($25/ year) - Reminder service with push notification. The app is free, but you need the Pro account with RTM.
- StarDefense ($5.99) - Tower defense game. I've beaten it a few times and don't play anymore.
- TaxiBall ($2.99) - Best tilt ball game in the world! There's a trial version if you just want to check it out.
- Tweetie ($2.99) - Twitter app with landscape keyboard. v2 is out.
- WhatsApp ($0.99) - Chat application with push notification; currently deployed to iPhone and Blackberry.
- WordAce Pro ($0.99) - Best word game in the world! There's a free version; I chose to pay to support the programmers
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
What 3rd party applications (Apple iPhone apps) do you use?
at 3:00 PM